Times of hope, inspiration

By Samuel AsherExecutive Director, Virginia Holocaust Museum This has been a year of challenge and change, but it has also been filled with times of...

Jewish camp is essential for Jewish kids

My name is Bella Rosner, and I am currently an intern for Capital Camps. I am a freshman at the University of Maryland majoring in...

One Happy Camper offers incentive grants to first-time campers

One Happy Camper started in 2006 in Chicago with more than 500 grants for first-time campers and well more than 150 camps have participated...

Capital Camps: A wondrous playground

Since 1988, Capital Camps has provided the premier Jewish overnight camping experience for campers throughout Richmond, the greater Virginia area, and the Washington and...

FCVA holds Adaptive Horseback Riding event

On Sunday, Dec. 19, Friendship Circle of Virginia held its first in-person Birthday Circle since March 2020! FCVA was excited to offer a Friendship Circle...

RJF Summer Camp and Israel Study Scholarships

Each year, Richmond Jewish Foundation is pleased to offer partial needs-based scholarships to Richmond & Tidewater Area Summer Camps and Teen & Young Adults...

Gov. Northam and First Lady host Hanukkah Reception

In celebration of Hanukkah, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam and the First Lady of Virginia Pam Northam hosted a reception at Virginia’s Executive Mansion in...

Financial Aid 101

Financial Aid 101Everything you need to know to apply forFinancial Aid for college,Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 7:30 p.m.,for Financial Aid 101with BBYO and JSU...

RJCL holding book drive

The Richmond Jewish Coalition for Literacy (RJCL) will resume engagement with Richmond Public Schools in early 2022. While we are awaiting our return to mentoring,...

Applications for financial aid for the 2022-23 School Year Open Jan....

In 2021, JELF assisted a total of 398 students with $1,845,851 in interest-free loans. Of this total, 8 Jewish students from Richmond were provided $40,594...