A Beautiful Day. Chabad of Virginia, Hadassah Richmond, and the JCFR...

By Nannette Shor The Paula Carl Mega Challah Bake, featuring Rochie Pinson, master challah baker and the author of the internationally bestselling “RISING! The Book...

A Memorial for 6 Million and Prayer for Israel

By Rachel Loria On November 12th, the Emek Sholom Committee and community members gathered for Kristallnacht at the Emek Sholom Holocaust Memorial Cemetery. The cold weather...

FCVA’s featured Friendship – Alex, Hailey, and Rudu; Introducing Friendship...

By Tanya Buresh-Werby, Assistant Director, FCVA Lasting friendship is what sets Friendship Circle of Virginia apart and makes this organization stand out.  Friendships blossom when people...

Critical mistake to make Israel and Hamas Moral Equals

Editor's Note: The following Op Ed commentary by Daniel Staffenberg appeared in the Nov. 2nd issue of the Richmond Times Dispatch The single deadliest...

Hillel at VCU is engaging students

Years in the making, Hillel made its way back to Virginia Commonwealth University over the summer to provide space for Jewish students to explore...

Israel gathering at KBI

On Oct. 16 at Keneseth Beth Israel, Governor Glenn Youngkin addressed community members about the horrific Hamas attacks in Israel. At the event, Nannette...

Women’s Reproductive Freedom from a Jewish Perspective

To say that the Hadassah program, Women’s Reproductive Freedom from a Jewish Perspective on October 15 was informative, dynamic and impactful would be like...

President’s Corner

As usual, I waited past the deadline to write my President’s message and if delivered earlier how different it would be. I would be leading...

Order new Mah Jongg Cards

Get ahead of the game by ordering your 2024 Mah Jongg cards now. $14 – Standard size, $15 – Large sizeSend your information along with...

Sofie Stahl Award for 2024: Nominations being sought for an...

In the spring of each year, Gila Chapter of Jewish Women International (JWI) and the Stahl family proudly honor a Jewish woman who has...